Government agencies unjustly targeting GCU
Federal officials coordinating efforts with frivolous accusations in order to bring harm to largest Christian university in the country
Government officials associated with the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and under the authority of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are coordinating efforts to unjustly target GCU in what appears to be retaliation for the university filing an ongoing lawsuit against ED regarding its nonprofit status. While such accusations may sound extraordinary, the facts in these documents make clear that this is occurring at an alarming level for government agencies to be taking against the largest Christian university in the country.
Prominent community leaders support GCU
Our organization thrives thanks to the unwavering support of our dedicated students, parents, alumni and our vibrant local community. Our students, graduates and parents personify the GCU mission by contributing their passion, creativity and hard work fulfilling their purpose in the classroom, their professions and communities. Likewise, our community leaders understand the value and contributions GCU makes to workforce and economic development as evidenced in their following statements.
- Letter from Associated Students of GCU
- Statement from GCU Parent Council
- Letter from Greater Phoenix Chamber
- Letter from Arizona Chamber of Commerce
- Arizona Senate Republicans Press Release
- Letter from State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Letter from Congressional Members Crane, Biggs, Lesko and Gosar
- Letter from Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Help support GCU in its effort to combat unjust federal government overreach.
Since day one, our request from the Department of Education has been simple:
- Recognize and approve our nonprofit status, which is already acknowledged by every other regulatory body, including the IRS.
- Stop these unjust and targeted actions against the largest Christian university in the nation.
At GCU, we stand unwaveringly behind three fundamental principles:
- Investment in Excellence: We take immense pride in our commitment to providing an outstanding academic environment where our students, faculty, staff and community flourish.
- Transparency: GCU is dedicated to maintaining a transparent environment for both prospective and current students.
- Student-First Philosophy: Every decision made by GCU and our partner, Grand Canyon Education, is rooted in our unwavering dedication to putting students first, striving to continually improve their educational experience.
We encourage you to contact your congressional representatives and tell them why you stand with GCU.